Wednesday, April 22, 2009

SLC Half Marathon

Here's more pictures from this past weekend. For those of you who knew me in high school, you would not believe I ran 13 miles unless you saw the pictures. So, here they are...
You see...I am not a natural runner. I couldn't run a mile in 8 minutes in high school. I almost got "benched" because of that... So I am pretty stoked that I was able to finish this thing!
Yes, it was hard...but I am so happy I did it! These are a couple of the girls in my neighborhood that did it too. All together, there were about 10 of us. John, Sarah May, Lolly, Brad, and Mom (yes, she came from Vegas!) were all waiting at the finish line for me. After the race, we ate at the Village Inn, got cleaned up, then went to Ikea and Rod Works. That night, John and I tried to go to the marathon "after party," then quickly decided to leave and went to get dessert at Kneader's. If you ever see a Kneader's, pull over immediately and get a chocolate caramel apple and a double fudge brownie. Your taste buds will thank you. ;)
Over the course of this training I have lost 8 pounds and have gained some confidence. Who knows what the next goal will be...? I almost have to set a goal in order to make myself work out. John said he would do the Kokopelli Triathlon with me in September. We shall see...

5 comments:

The Rowles said...

I am soooooo proud of you!!! I can't wait till we can do one together.

Marylin said...

Go Marissa!! You rock! My sister is just a copy cat cause I was gonna say I was proud of you, but she is allowed to be proud too, I guess :)!! Love you girl!!

Jessica said...

Congrats! I have never been able to run more than 3 miles and that was after a lot of working out! ou are awesome!

Michelle said...

You look great! I am not a natural runner either, so I'm very impressed.

Lolly Sneed said...

Great time and so proud of you. Fun weekend and I will be calling this weekend with some photoshop questions.