She now has our last name...
We went to family court this morning to finalize our adoption with Sarah. It was short and sweet... we were on the "docket" for 9:00 and didn't go back until about 9:15.
We were finished by 9:30!
We were finished by 9:30!
The judge was very nice. She let Sarah pick-out a Ring Pop from her treat jar.
(Would I be a bad mother if I let her eat it? Part of me says, "She earned it." Part of me says, "She's too young for things like that!" We'll see...) She was so good! I was worried she would be cranky because that is close to nap time - but she fell asleep on the drive over, so she was perfect.
Then we all posed for some pictures - the judge, our social worker,
our attorney, my mom & dad, and our family.

We finished the morning off with some fabulous breakfast at a pancake place.
1 event down, 2 to go for our "Sarah Celebration" weekend!
(Would I be a bad mother if I let her eat it? Part of me says, "She earned it." Part of me says, "She's too young for things like that!" We'll see...) She was so good! I was worried she would be cranky because that is close to nap time - but she fell asleep on the drive over, so she was perfect.
Then we all posed for some pictures - the judge, our social worker,
our attorney, my mom & dad, and our family.
We finished the morning off with some fabulous breakfast at a pancake place.
1 event down, 2 to go for our "Sarah Celebration" weekend!

9 comments:
Congratulations Marissa! I'm so happy for you guys. I hope everything is perfect this weekend too. I wish we could be there. Hopefully we'll be able to come down and meet her soon. She is so beautiful!
Hi Marisa. Kaleo and I heard from Katie that you had adopted and then I ran across your blog through the Marshall family...
Anyway, just wanted to say congratulations! I'm glad today went so well, I'm sure it was nerve-wracking. Kaleo and I just finished our paperwork with LDSFS in July so we're officially "waiting" which is pretty nerve-wracking itself.
Enjoy the temple, adoption is such a miracle and what a blessing it is that our families can be together forever.
Yea!! Congratulations Marissa and John!! What a great weekend for your family. She is such a beautiful little girl! I'm sure she brings you so much happiness.
Congrats, Marissa, John and Sarah. What a wonderful day, but even more wonderful tomorrow. I am so happy for your family. Can't wait to see pix of the special day.
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!! You need to put our blog on your site! You guys are so cute.....I couldn't believe how Beautiful Sarah look when they brought her into the sealing room. All is how it was meant to be. You radiate missy :) Love you to pieces.
Congrats!!!
I'm sorry I couldn't make it this morning. I really wanted to. But, I needed to attend to my own little family.
WooHoo!!! Time to celebrate!!
Oh, I am so happy. I wish we could have been there so bad. Your family is so amazing. She is totally yours. She looks like you guys so much. I love that. I hope we can come see you soon. Congrats. Love you guys.
I am overjoyed for all 3 of you. I'm sure there is not a good word for this weekend and how you've felt and what it all has meant to both of you. I love you guys and it was amazing to be at the sealing. thanks for inviting us.
Yay! Congrats, Marissa!! We're so happy for you and your family!
Post a Comment