Where were you?
Whenever Sept. 11th comes around, I always look at my calendar and think..."There's something going on that day." Then I realize that date is burned into my mind because of what happened on that day seven years ago. I remember exactly where I was when I found out. I was leaving the gym (back when I used to work-out before work) and people were crowded around the TV by the entrance/exit. I couldn't really tell what was going on, so I quickly went home. I turned on our TV and watched the chilling events unfold. For some reason, John was not home. I can't remember why. I called my parents and talked to my dad. We watched, not talking much...just in shock. I started to get all emotional when the buildings collapsed. I didn't feel like going to work, I just wanted to spend time with the ones I love. I remember going to work, still in shock...I had just been transferred to a new branch (my banking days). I remember paranoid people during that time, but I also remember patriotism. I remember getting chills when I drove somewhere for lunch and I saw a truck with a huge American Flag mounted in the bed of the truck... I remember people pulling together and helping each other out.
What do you remember? Where were you?


2 comments:
I was still at BYU. My roommate had turned on the TV just before leaving for class and told me I had to "come see this." She left for class and I was left sitting on the floor in my pajamas watching the horror unfold. I was bawling. My family was living in Chile so my thoughts flew to them and my Dad working in the Embassy. I kept worrying about them for weeks. I was just in shock. I mean this is AMERICA. It is a very surreal memory.
Your pictures are really turning out nicely! I think they are beautiful and wish that I could photograph even a fourth as well as you!
When is your sealing? I didn't know it was coming up soon. Maybe Grandpa will be able to make it still....miracles have already happened tenfold in the situation.
Also, I was on my way to school. My dad and I were driving in the car because I had Madrigals in the morning. It was announced over the radio and I remember where we were on Warm Springs at that time. I just wanted to watch it on the news....just to be able to find out MORE, but a lot of our teachers wouldn't let us focus on it that day. I went home and watched it the rest of the night. I cry every year remembering that day.
Post a Comment