Tuesday, September 23, 2008

What a weekend...


There are no words to describe how amazing this weekend was...

Hopefully you can get a better idea from some of these pictures. The support we have from family and friends just makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. ALL of my siblings were there for this eventful weekend.
Thank you to all who sacrificed so much to make this so special...those who traveled...those who passed up other things to come...those who got babysitters for a very early sealing...
I started worrying about all the "little things" and realized, "Wait a sec...I've been here before." I learned a great lesson on my wedding day - all the planning and worrying and stressing...
NONE of that matters. You can lose sight of what is really important...
Thanks to my family I was really able to focus on the importance of us being sealed and the Spirit, instead of the "busy things."


Sarah was also blessed on Sunday. It was
so special
...
she wore MY blessing dress that my mom made for me.
It wasn't exactly white, but that didn't matter.
(we had to get a pure white dress for the temple - that's why she had two)
She was so good through the blessing!...
Probably because she was so concerned with trying to grab the microphone.
John did a wonderful job. I told him that he needed to hold her up after her blessing. I always love to see the babies, and not all fathers do that. He held her up like a trophy!! It was so cute!
We feel so blessed and are
just on this spiritual high.


What a special little girl...








11 comments:

Sarah said...

John and Marissa, your daughter is absolutely beautiful. I love that first picture of her with the big white bow in her hair. She is gorgeous. Looks like you had a great weekend. One that you will never forget. Congrats!

Deanne Hill said...

I am so happy for you and your family! Congratulations! :)

Jessica said...

So cool! What a neat experience! I'm so glad she's official now!!!

lauren said...

that is so awesome im so happy for your cute family i miss you!!

The Vegas Veenendaal's said...

Marissa,
I am so happy for you guys and am sorry that I missed the special events. You guys are such a cute little family. Congratulations!
Love, Stephanie :)

Missi said...

So wonderful...She's all your's now, forever. =) What a beautiful little girl you have! I love the picture of you and Sarah together -- you both look so incredibly happy! You're just glowing! I'm so happy for you and John and Sarah! Yay for Forever Families! =)

(P.s. Brooks will be home from Iraq tomorrow!)

Alicia said...

Congratulations! I am jealous! We are hoping for late October. What a beautiful little miracle.

Marylin said...

It really was amazing to see your face and how happy it made you to finally be sealed to your little Sara! You and John both had pure joy written all over your faces and Sarah too, even though she is little I think she could sense it too! Congrats to you guys I love you!

Julie T. said...

It was so good to see you yesterday! Your little Sarah is precious! I love the "worth the wait" onsie. Your finishing touches on the bum are so dang cute!

CnK Hansen said...

All that I can say is what an amazing day!! You all looked so beautiful! Even John! Luv ya

Don and Kelley said...

Don and I are sick that we couldn't make it. I had the 11 year old scout camp to go to and Don coaches Ian's soccer team. We are so happy for you guys. We have to get together, so we could meet Sarah!!!