I'm turning into my mother....which is not a bad thing!!
Many people know that I am a night owl...a couple of weekends ago I was picking up around the house (shocking, I know). It was about 11:00 pm and I was working on the kitchen. I have wanted a new dining table and chairs since we moved in, but those items are very low on the priority list. The chairs were green to match our old house. Notice I said "were"... I decided right then and there to re-cover my chairs with the leftover fabric from pillows I made. About 30 minutes into this project I thought, "Oh my goodness! I am turning into my mother!!!" I've been musing to myself lately about how I really, really am turning into my mom.
Top 10 signs that I am turning into my mother:
(my siblings will especially appreciate this)
1. I feel compelled to make chocolate chip cookies every Sunday (I never do, but dream about it)
2. I am unable to talk without the use of my hands
3. I've started drinking Diet Coke with a little bit of Dr. Pepper on the top
4. I find it necessary to talk on my cell phone when I am driving alone
5. I am starting to get quite the "Shade" collection (mom has one in every color)
6. I have a recent obsession with aprons and sewing them
7. Seriously! I mean, "seriously."
8. I get my "second wind" at 11:30 pm
9. I have like 7 unfinished projects sitting in my house
10. ...AND YES, I do have an open bag of chocolate chips in my freezer to snack on!
I am sure there are more "querks" we both do, I just can't think of them right now. I love you Mom!
PS - The apron on the previous post was a fundraiser for the youth in our ward and it went for $45!! Whoa! It was kinda funny that it went that high, and the lawyer's will/trust package went for $50.
Priorities people!


3 comments:
Oh man Heee heee that made me laugh! I love you and your Mom! I have found that I do some of the things my mom does at times too! Oh and CONGRATS on the apron that is AWESOME!!
I love that you're turning into your mom! She is so wonderful and fun! I remember being in your kitchen and Chet and Jeremy tying her up with duct tape and I was thinking I wanted to be a fun mom like that one day! I'm not, so at least someone is! :)
awwww!
i love the it sold for $45.. lol it was sooo cute though
Post a Comment