Friday, February 29, 2008

We are gaining!

Tuesday Sarah had her first doctor's appointment. We were anxious to go and see her progress as far as measurements and weight. She had lost 3 ounces! The doctor said that babies usually lose some weight, but gain it back and hopefully more by the two week appointment. She gave us strict instructions along with a higher calorie formula and told us to come back Thursday for a follow-up. I worried so much about me not feeding her enough, maybe the wrong bottle, maybe some side effects coming through... John gave her a father's blessing (we can't "bless" her in church for 6 months) and we felt better. Laura also found a bottle that she likes sooo much better. When she got on the scale, my sister and I held our breath! Good news! She gained 4 ounces in two days! Woohoo! I felt like I was taking home a good report card or something. She also grew 1/2 inch. Whoa! Lots of growing. The worrying mother begins...

7 comments:

Lindsey said...

It's so true when the doctor says they would like your child to be doing something by a certain time it is like ALL pressure is on you! Corbin had to be saying 3 words by his 1st yr check up and I was so nervous like it was a BIG test!! Your baby shower was beautiful and so is little Sarah! I didn't get a chance to hold her I will have to come over fors little holding time~!

The Rowles said...

The new page is cute! I can't wait to see pics of the shower. We are planning on being there in a week and a half;) We are all so excited to hold baby Sarah!!!!!!

Jaimee said...

Hi Marissa...this is your cousin Jaimee here!!! Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you guys. She is beautiful!!!! By the way, you can find our family blog at sims4.blogspot.com

Don and Kelley said...

Aubrey says that anytime you need someone to come over and hold Sarah, she will be happy to do it.

Life these days...... said...

Love the new blog title!!! ;)

Michelle said...

Hey Marissa,
I found you on Alyssa's blog. Congrats on your new little girl! We are so happy for you guys. No one should have to go through what you did but hopefully it is all worth it now. I saw that Jaimee found you too. You can find us on blogger on her site too.
Michelle (and Robby) Waters

The Rowles said...

OK I have been waiting for shower pictures!!!! And you have to check out this blog that I told you about! www.therhouse.blogspot.com It is a link on my cousins page. I will have to ask her about it but when I was looking for it again so I could give you the link,I found an article there that I'm sure you would find interesting.