Catching up...again. BUSY month
Jane's blessing was Sunday, Feb. 6th.
I got so busy with the day...that I didn't take any pictures until almost everyone was gone! What's my problem?!?! So a couple of days after the fact I got Jane dressed up again and took some pictures of her. What a doll baby!
I wanted to incorporate the blanket I made for her somehow in the pictures, so I used it as a backdrop for her. Sarah's room has some great natural light...
A couple of things I want to document about that day:
It was a nice day - very windy, but sunny. We had almost all of our immediate family in attendance.
There were 2 other babies blessed that day. The three of them were born a day apart (16,17,18). Jane was an absolute angel through the blessing. She wore the dress that Sarah was sealed to our family in. It's a little cumbersome because it has crazy amounts of tulle on the skirt, but I love it. I made a blanket with her name embroidered on it, and made her headband. I added flowers to her shoes to match her headband.
Several friends were there also. After Sacrament Meeting, friends and family came over for an early dinner. We also watched some of the Super Bowl, but mostly just passed Jane around and visited.
Sarah is SUCH a good big sister. This is a normal occurrence in our home. Try as I might, I just can't stop Sarah from climbing into Jane's crib. In this picture, Jane had an ear infection and the doctor wanted us to have her propped up while she was sleeping. Sarah was so concerned about Jane being sick, she would just keep checking on her. They already have such a bond. I really hope it continues to get stronger as they grow older.
Sarah's birthday was on the 13th. We put balloons in her room while she was sleeping.
Best investment ever. LOL! That is all she talked about that day! Who cares what she actually got for her birthday...she woke up to balloons in her room.
I had a very small get together for a couple of her friends. I was really trying to keep it to the rule of inviting as many friends as how old the child is...we were close. She had 5 of her closest buddies come over for a Wizard of Oz party. They walked into our home on the yellow brick road, and played in the Emerald City.
I got a bunch of green food.
We played "pin the heart on the Tin Man"
And I took pictures of her friends in front of this silly green poster.
Sarah couldn't decide if she wanted to be the Tin Man or Dorothy...so she was both.
We had our 12th wedding anniversary.
Crazy we've been married that long!
We went to dinner and had a night out of shopping.
We also went to St. George to bike. That really wasn't part of our anniversary plans, but it happened around that same time.
I'm really out of shape, but still had a great time.
For journaling purposes...here's our month:
Jane ear infection
Twins born
Emily's wedding (second shooter)
Jane's blessing
Sarah's bday
Valentine's Day
Sarah's party
New calling in YW
Started up again with photo sessions
Anniversary/Mt biking
WPPI/photog workshop
Things to remember about Sarah:
She called me "Your Highness" the other day
She can say the 1st and 2nd Articles of Faith, yet when you ask her to spell her name she says, "S-T-O-P!"
Her mood can change in a blink. She will turn her back to me, fold her arms and say, "I not really happy right now!!"
She loves to talk to/hug/kiss/smother Jane. She will hug Jane and say, "Awwww...Shucks." or
"Jane really likes me Momma!"
She loves Nursery Rhymes
When she colors, she tells me "I doing my homework." Especially if I ask her to do something while she's coloring. "I can't right now. I doing my homework." Huh??
She loves to ride her bike. She talks all the time about how she has to eat her food "all gone" so she can get big and strong to go on her bike in the mountains with her Daddy someday.
She INSISTS on saying prayer at every opportunity...even when we are at In 'N Out (still her favorite)
I'm told to enjoy this while we can, because it goes away all too quick.
There are lots of other funny things she has done, but I can't even remember them all.
She has such an exuberant personality...she keeps me on my toes!
Jane:
She sleeps mostly through the night now
She is very easy-going
Started laughing last week and reaching for things
My favorite - I love when I go to give her her pacifier in the night and she grabs my arm with both hands and pulls me to her.
She is a very smiley girl.
Whew! That post felt like a novel! I just don't want to forget these precious times (yet busy times!) with my babies.











1 comment:
oh! I just love your blog! You're such an amazing mom!! I miss seeing you! xoxo
Post a Comment