Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Christmas Card Cop-out

It seems that everyone is going to the blog/facebook digital Christmas Card.
I would like to say that it's because I am going "green" and didn't want to waste the paper...
but, I think you all know me better than that.  It's mostly due to putting my efforts into other things...and whatever energy I had left went to being with my family. 
I mean, look how cute they are!  How could I resist?
Yes - I am one of those crazy ladies who tries to make the whole family match the Sunday before Christmas.  I am surprised we actually got this on the third take right before church.
I love that Jane is grinning at Sarah.  I can see that happening a lot in the future.
Our year was mostly filled with doctor visits and getting ready for Jane to come.  We managed to squeeze in a trip to DisneyLand in February and the beach in the summer.  John took me "away" sans Sarah for my birthday...but I don't need to re-cap my year.  I have blogged most the notable events.
I just want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas!
My friend Melissa shared this song with me a couple of years ago...I just love it.  It touches me even more this year, after experiencing labor and birth myself.  I think about Mary this year...I know how uncomfortable I was as my due date closed in.  I can't imagine how she felt traveling in that state.  I think of how my dear husband supported me through the delivery process while nurses and doctors (and my mom!) tended to my every need...and how Joseph had to do everything by himself. 
I am touched by the humble way Our Savior came to this Earth and the circumstances that surrounded His coming.
May you all have a Very Merry, Christ-filled Christmas!