Thursday, November 12, 2009

Still here...


We're still here...but things have been a little hectic lately. Guess that's life!
Just want to jot a couple things down about Sarah May before I forget.
This age has been so fun...she is just a little sponge. Sarah has never been real great in the car seat. She doesn't like to be contained (surprise, surprise). So, ever since she was a baby we would sing to try to distract her. A couple of weeks ago, we were riding in the car. I could tell she was thinking hard about something, because she was quiet. She started yelling POPCORN (which sounds like "ka-korn"). I looked in the mirror and she was holding her arms up and opening and closing her hands. She wanted to sing "Popcorn Popping," a children's song from our church. It just makes me laugh.
Last weekend was interesting. Friday I had to put her in her crib. Now - let me just say I have always been the type who believes crib time=bed time... but I just had to get some work done! I put her in her crib with books and toys and she loved it. I did the same thing Saturday, again I had lots to work on. Suddenly I hear footsteps upstairs! I knew John was asleep, so I rushed upstairs. She climbed out! We thought it was a fluke...nope. Sunday morning she ran into our room all excited yelling, "Momma! Dadda! Momma! Dadda!" Silly girl.
She's learning more every day...and every day I think, "I just love her so much." We are so grateful to be her parents.


3 comments:

Marylin said...

Oh how I LOVE that little girl!! I miss you all so much and I love seeing her picture!! She is so cute and I just want to eat her up!!

Deanne Hill said...

She is such a cutie!
And, may I add: You are such a talented photographer! I'm seriously inspired by your pictures and think you're just fantastic! :)

Chad & Emylee said...

oh i just love that wild girl! she has so much personality and i just love it!