Little Darling

(Dontcha love the food on her face? I do!)
Oh my Little Darling...
She has been doing so many funny things lately. She makes me laugh daily. I know I say that a lot, but it is so true. She has definitely taught me more patience and how to have a sense of humor...and not to sweat the small stuff. Water spilling (by spilling, I mean dumping) all over her in her car seat?...oh well. It's just water. Some of these things I just gotta put down
somewhere...because knowing my memory, these funny things will disappear!
The other day I told her to get a diaper. She pulled out four or five. I looked at her and said, "No Sarah. Just one. Put the others back." Just to test her. Sure enough, she put the rest back and gave me just one.
I have been talking about colors for a while...well I guess it clicked last week. My nieces and nephews were playing Connect 4. They had the red disks and yellow disks separated so they could play. Sarah picked up a yellow one and yelled, "YELLOOOOOW!!" I asked her where the red one was...she did the same thing for red. Other days last week she also pointed to something green and something blue. Who knew??
Names are really starting to click. One day it is "Ry-ry" and "Wayne"...the next day it is "La-La" and "Baby." She loves to sleep with her baby doll. I heard her over the monitor one day saying, "Alright!!" I walked in and she was giving her baby high-fives and knuckles.
Her favorite song has moved on to the Wheels on the Bus. It is particularly funny when she does the baby on the bus...she puts fists to her eyes and shakes her head side to side (violently).
And as much as she hated bows so far...she loves beanies. Especially this one. Go figure!
For Christmas she got a Sit and Spin, a blow up slide, and a big girl potty (plus so much more). She runs over to us the second she has a dirty diaper and says, "Poop-y." Sometimes she plugs her nose and says, "Stinky." Just makes me giggle.
Really can't believe my baby will be 2 in a month and a half.
This seems almost like yesterday...
On another note - we had an excellent Christmas filled with family, and fun times. It was also a really hectic, busy time. I am thankful to have been so busy with my photography. I am also glad I have been able to take these last two weeks to go out of town and to spend time with my family...
because these moments are so fleeting!

1 comment:
so blessed! she is so dang cute!!
Post a Comment