Friday, August 28, 2009

My baby...I mean toddler



I wanted to post an updated picture of Sarah. (Here you go Marylin ;) ) She insisted she wear this tutu. I really can't believe she is in nursery now! For some reason, whenever I pull out the camera, she runs away from me. I wonder why...? ;)



She is a funny little girl. She says so many words, but my favorite words she says is "chocolate" and "please." She's become a little bit of a pack rat. She tries to hold as many things as she can, or she gets her purse and stuffs it full of random things. She eats just about anything, but some of her favorites: chocolate (of course), macaroni & cheese, string cheese, and fruit. Grandma taught her the maniac dance a while ago...Daddy has now taught her the ballerina dance. She puts her arms up and twirls around. If you tell her to sing, she will...it's too cute. She says "Ahhhhh-ah-ahhh..." while cracking her voice (think Cranberries).
Sarah is definitely a busy body. She won't watch TV, and she doesn't like to sit still. Guess it's just the age...but she's so fun! Today we said goodbye to her "nigh-nigh" (pacifier). She always called it that, because she only got her pacifier when she went "night-night." Took her about 30 minutes to fall asleep tonight (normally takes her 5! I have been blessed...). Wish me luck this week!
Last week she had a minor surgery to remove a lump by her collar bone. I was kind of anxious, but it turned out fine. She was put under, but the procedure only took about 35 minutes. Our doctor seemed pretty positive it was just a cyst. Thank goodness!
We are so blessed to have such a fun little girl in our home. I am trying to be better about recording the cute things she does. She makes me laugh almost every day!

5 comments:

Deanne Hill said...

I can't believe how big she has gotten! :) I'm super glad that everything went okay with the surgery to remove the cyst.... scary when your kids have to go through stuff like that!

Jaimee said...

My Abigail has a blanket EXACTLY like the one Sarah is holding. Scott's mom made it for her. We love it, it is sooo soft! Sarah sure is growing up isn't she?

Marylin said...

Thank you!!! I love that little girl! I just need to hug her! Why do they have to get so big so fast!?!? Miss you guys and keep em coming!!

Chad & Emylee said...

she is so beautiful! it was so fun to see you the other day! i love my sarah may! she is adorable and the best lil personality! my babies some day have to be just like her!

Sherrie said...

She can't be a toddler already!!!! She is too cute for words!!!!! She needs to come and play dress up with all my little girls!!!!!!