"In my next 30 years..."
There's a song by Tim McGraw...
In my next 30 years
I'm gonna watch my weight
Eat a few more salads
and not stay up so late...

Yeah. The big 3-0 came upon me recently. Ouch. Those 20s went out in style though! Some of my friends joined me for a "Gone with the 20s" party. It was so fun! We dressed up in 20s outfits (I supplied the headbands), met at my house for appetizers and a "photo booth," then went for dessert at BJ's (Pizookie!!) and then dancing after. Such a fun night! Several of my favorite things packed into one night!! Friends, family, food, dessert, dancing...
The weekend before, my mom, my sis, and I went on a little VA-CAY. (I say "va-cay" because that word drives my sister absolutely crazy.) It was so fabulous. We took a little extended weekend jaunt to Seattle. We walked our hineys off! We went down to Pike's Place Market, ate some fabulous food, took the ferry to Victoria, had a spa day...so busy and so relaxing at the same time. Some much needed girl time. They spoiled me. They did whatever I wanted to do. My sister got me a fabulous outfit at the Gap (her favorite store), and Mom got the plane tickets (thanks MOM!!)...I just can't wait for my sister to turn 30 so we can have another excuse to go on a trip.
I look back on my twenties...man! Some of those years were really, really tough. Some of those years were incredibly amazing. I've learned so much! I think the hardest part of turning 30 is not being where you think you "should be." Plus I still feel the same as I did when I was 19!
(OK - so I can't quite pull a triple pirouette or a switch leap out of nowhere anymore, but STILL...)
Thank goodness for family and friends that make turning 30 easier! I am so lucky to have such great people in my life who like me in spite of all my craziness!


2 comments:
how fun!!! hope you had a happy birthday!!! you look like you 19 still! everyone loves the pictures you took of maddie!
I'm so glad you all had fun! Happy 30 again!!
Post a Comment