Merry Christmas!
Merry Christmas!!
Yes, we are one of those families who match for church at Christmas.
So, my next post is my 100th post...I guess the cool thing to do is to have some kind of prize/giveaway for all your friends/family/lurkers that read your blog. So stay tuned.
There are some things I need to jot down for my little munchkin and her milestones... bear with me. Her 10 months came and went! Slacker mom. ;)
She still loves to climb the stairs
She waves at anyone who walks by
She wants to eat what we are eating. Its' so funny because John and I will eat casual meals on the couch (we have a ghetto-riffic console that comes down on our couch to hold drinks). And before you know it, both Rocky and Sarah have made their way over to our plates and are just staring at our food.
She still LOVES the bath. She will spash and splash...and just giggle. When I lay her down to rinse the shampoo out, she reaches out both arms so she can touch the sides of the tub.
She pulls out her bows. You would think the fact that she has worn them almost every day of her little life, she would be used to them by now. Nope. She has recently started throwing them, as if to say, "I win!"
She loves to play. She giggles when we play peek-a-boo. She could be mid-tantrum, and if I start peek-a-boo she will start smiling. I also do this duck thing with my hand. It reminds me of Jim Carey when he did "the claw" on that one movie. Anyway, I tickle her and she just loves it. If I even put my hand up and say "quack" she starts laughing in anticipation.
She is really, really a Mama's girl right now. I will sit with her while she is playing with her toys...she crawls to me, pulls herself up on my shoulder and kisses (ok bites) my shoulder. Sometimes she doesn't want to go to Dad - which makes John feel bad sometimes. It's just a phase.
She always finds the trash can (yuck!) and the blinds.
She really loves Rocky. He just lets her push, pull,tug, and poke him while he just lays there. She is so curious about the dog.
We love her so much!! It is so fun to learn all these things about her personality. She is a very active baby and has such a sweet disposition. I really enjoy having a baby at Christmastime. For me, it has really removed the focus from all the material things (in part because we are a one income house now) involved with Christmas. The focus is on our family, on being together. I am looking forward to just spending time Christmas Day with John's family and my family...and starting new traditions for our own little family.

2 comments:
Ok so what the heck we chose the EXACT SAME DRESS for our girls! I went to Burlington Coat Factory after you had suggested to go there and I had walked around with two cream dresses and then found one with green for me and so I put those back and found green ones for the girls!! That cracks me up!! She looks sooo cute though! I guess now I have to post our picture too just for proof and for fun!! :)
Sarah is such a doll! :) As for my kids, they all started out liking me, then they discovered the coolness that is Dad, and I've never recovered my street cred. I've hung on to Sophie the longest, but that's because I'm nicer to her than the others in hopes that I'll have one that likes me best! :)
Post a Comment