Saturday, October 18, 2008

Last weekend

Last weekend John and I went to Moab to participate in a 24-hour mountain biking race. It was quite an experience... We did it as a relay with our friends Brad & David. The course was a 15 mile loop through some tough terrain. My lap was at 3:00 pm and I did it in 2 hrs. John did 2 laps - 7 pm and 7 am the next day. He did the laps in about 1 hr 45 min. Our fastest laps were by Brad and David who both did it in exactly 1 hr and 26 min. (I think David was trying to beat his dad)

We camped in John's sister's tent trailer (Thanks Michele!!). Sarah May came with us...she slept in a pack and play. However, by about 2 am she got so cold that we just brought her into our sleeping bag.Friday night was incredibly windy. Sand was everywhere! We started to get a break from the wind Saturday evening...but then it got really cold. So cold that our team took about a 6 hour break during the night! I was completely ok with that! I think we all went with the right attitude...we were just going for the experience. I am not the fastest rider...but it was really cool to watch the professionals ride like maniacs. Sarah was such a good baby too! She really loves to be outside. It actually worked to our benefit to be gone for so long. She was really becoming a creature of habit...Sundays were especially hard. She now seems more flexible with where and when she sleeps. All in all, it was a memorable experience. Mostly we enjoyed hanging out with our friends, Brad, Lolly, and David. We miss them! It was nice to spend time with them! PS - LOLLY...I will e-mail these pictures and more this weekend. ; )

5 comments:

Moser Clan said...

Sounds like a blast!

Kenna said...

Hi Marissa. This looks like so much fun. I love Moab. Thanks for the great time Friday night at your house. I am defintely looking forward to next month! :-)

kenna
www.wilsoncrewfamily.blogspot.com

Marylin said...

You are awesome GO MARISSA!! I love that little Sarah!! It was so fun Friday thank you for inviting me!! :)

Staying Young in Vegas said...

Marissa,
I am so proud of you guys for even the attempt! We looked at the race course online last week...more than I could do. We are enjoying our time in China, and a lot of people bike around town, it may be more treacherous than some of the biking trails you have been on! Scary driving tactics all around!

The Vegas Veenendaal's said...

Marissa,
Wow, I think that was a great accomplishment. More than I could handle, that's for sure. Friday night was a lot of fun, we for sure need to keep doing it. :)