Saturday, February 16, 2008

Our MIRACLE...at last!!

Many of you know how much we have prayed for a child to come into our family...Thursday night we got "the call." Valentine's Day. We went straight to the hospital to meet her. SHE IS PERFECT! I have just been beaming...Because of our past experience, we were very careful to not say anything until the birthmother signed to relinquish her parental rights. She signed this morning! She wrote us the beautiful letter as to why she picked us for her daughter...The whole experience was just amazing!! So here she is...




Sarah May

6 lbs. 6 oz.

18.5 inches long

She is an absolute ANGEL!


We get to bring her home Tuesday and we can't wait!!!








30 comments:

Carol said...

I am so happy for you guys. A long awaited blessing. You deserve it! It actually makes my cry to see you with your new daughter...finally.

Brett and Heather said...

OH Marissa---I cried when I read your post!!! She is one special little girl with parents who have waited for so long for her. If she only knew just how lucky she is.

Okay--got to stop typing because I can't see the screen through the tears!!!

CONGRATS!!! FINALLY!!!

Lisa Mc said...

We are so happy for you & and family!!! She is BEAUTIFUL!!! we are all so excited to meet Sara May!

Unknown said...

YAY!! you guys are so blessed! i just wanted to cry when i heard the news lindsey came over and told us! its so great im so happy for you guys! cute name by the way!

Lindsey said...

John & Marissa:
Well I'm am doing the same as Heather sitting here crying!! I am SO excited for you guys!! She is SO stinkin cute! And for being 6lbs she sure does have some kissable cheeks!! I LOVE all that hair Marissa that will be LOTS of fun with bows!! Well I can't wait to meet little Miss Sarah May!!

lauren said...

oh marissa im sooo excited for you! she is beautiful. and how fun you got her on the day of love!!! no more work for you !!!! lucky

Tara & Jason said...

She is adorable!!! Can't wait to see her in person when I feel better!!! I'm so excited for you guys!!!!!!

The Rowles said...

Mommy Marissa!!!!! We are so happy for you!!!!!! We can't wait to meet her! We love you guys.

Don and Kelley said...

We are so happy for you guys. It makes us cry to see you holding your daughter! We are so happy! The kids are so happy for you guys too! You guys are going to be awesome parents!!!! We can't wait to see her.

Dianna said...

Oh my gosh!!! I can't stop crying (happy crying) She is so beautiful. I am so happy for you guys. I felt so close to you a few weeks ago when we came down and stayed. I loved talking to you about adoption. I am so happy that it happened for you. You and John are the coolest people we know, and Sarah May is so lucky to have you as parents. Congrats again. We can't wait to meet her. She is so cute.

Marylin said...

I had been waiting for that call for too long! I just cried and cried even after we hung up! James has such a beautiful girlfriend!! Maybe our match making skills will work with them as well!! :) Love you and I can't wait to hold her!! SHE IS AMAZING!!!!!!

Life these days...... said...

I'm so happy for you guys! Your going to be the best mom (& dad)!!!! That Sarah May is going to be spolied, she is beautiful!
I'll miss you at work!

Leah and Dustin said...

Hi Marissa, remember me? I found your blog and I am so excited for you and your new little family! That is wonderful news!!! You will make such a great Mom! Congratulations and best wishes for you all.

The Ogden's said...

John and Marissa,

Congrats on the baby girl. She is so precious...we have had you in our thoughts and prayers, and we are so thrilled for you guys. We hope to get to see her soon.

The Ogden's ( Jon and Jeanna)
Kate's bro

Dave&Lana said...

We just heard that great news. Katie was so excited when she called us. Sarah Mae is beautiful and we are so happy for you. You will be the best parents ever. Congratulations.
Dave and Lana

Another Blog... said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! YOU GAVE US HOPE!! Tara told me this morning that you got a new baby!! I was so excited when she told me!! How exciting!! We can't wait to see her!!
love Lanece and Tyler

Ali said...

Congratulations...we are so very happy for you.

Tripp & Ali Thompson & kids

Mamathom and Papathom said...

Marissa and John, When Laura called to give me the good news, I was so happy I cried. Congratulations on a beautiful baby. Now we can say lots of thank you prayers.

Stucki Family said...

You don't know me but I read about your amazing story thru Lanece's blog and I just wanted to say congratulations! What a beautiful baby and it looks to me like she is lucky to have such great parents too! Renae Stucki

ksdavis6 said...

Congratulations on your beautiful baby girl!! Sarah is a great name!! She is so cute, and she has so much hair. We are so excited for your family, she is so lucky to have wonderful parents.

We are... said...

Congratulations Marissa!!! We are so excited for you! I JUST found your blog; so I'm excited to be updated on your lives! We are in Las Vegas right now for Devin's internship, so I REALLY want to come see her! (My family says congratulations too!) We all say she is adorable!

Life these days...... said...

***Can't wait to see how your first night as mom & dad is going to go!!! =)*can't wait to see her!

Jacob and Mindy T. said...

Hi! Lanece posted about your amazing adoption on their blog and eventhough I don't know you, I think it's amazing and she's beautiful! Good luck and Congratulations!

Sabrina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

It is always wonderful to see good things happen to good people. Congratulations!

Sabrina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sabrina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shelley said...

Oh my gosh! I found you through Marylin's blog. I always thought you were the sweetest girl and I'm so happy for you! Congratulations and good luck!

Shelley Wood Koch

Shelley said...

PS I can't tell you how much I love her hair! Our daughter, Skylar, had tons of dark hair that stuck straight up for the first few months. I was so sad when it started to lie flat, but I guess it's just as well. It would look strange if her hair still stuck up (she's turning two this week).

Sherrie said...

Marissa I'm crying tears of joy. The tears are just streaming down my face. What touching story. Someday I would love to hear the whole story. I'm so excited for you. Yes Miracles happen. She is a adorable a little angel sent from above. She couldn't have come to more outstanding home. From the day I meet you a long time ago. I said someday they will make perfect parents. My heart is so happy for you. I'm still crying!!!! Enjoy every minute they grow up so fast. What a sweet sweet angel. I always tell my youngest 6 you grew in mommy's Heart!!!!!!!!! Congrats. I want to come and hold her!!!!!!!