Wednesday, February 20, 2008

The BEST gift!!



So today is our 9th wedding anniversary. What greater gift could anyone ask for than a long awaited child? Yesterday we were able to bring home our sweet Sarah May. She has such a mild temperament - she only woke up twice last night! This little girl is such an amazing blessing. She was definitely worth the wait! We love her so much!


After a long day of waiting at the hospital for the CPS hold to be released, the nurse walked us out to our car and tears just started streaming down my face. It was hard to get too excited about our baby girl until she was actually in our car, coming home with us.



We got her all dolled up before friends & family came to welcome her home.

Thank you to EVERYONE who has supported us - friends, family, ward members... It took a lot of tough times to get us to this point, but we will be better parents because of it. THANK YOU! Everyone's response to our new little girl has been overwhelmingly wonderful. We have truly been blessed.


WELCOME HOME!!

13 comments:

Don and Kelley said...

Don and I can't even tell you how excited we are for you guys!!! She is so cute. Have fun!

Laura & Paul said...

I love her outfit! It is so cute! Did you match her on purpose? Too cute! I still can't believe it's real. I can't wait to see you guys.

lauren said...

i get teared up every time i read your blog,we miss you at work and i cant wait to see her!! love ya

Janna said...

I am so excited for you! She is beautiful!! I can't wait to meet her.
Love you guys!

Lindsey said...

She is BEAUTIFUL!! And geez everytime I read your blog I just start to tear up!! But I just want to hear the story over and over!! :O)

Life these days...... said...

She is so tiny & BEAUTIFUL!!
*Happy Anniversary

The Rowles said...

What a cutie!!!! I just want to hold her. That's sweet, I didn't know it was your anniversary. Sorry, well Happy Anniversary anyway.

Aleisha said...

Hey Marissa! This is your cousin Aleisha. I just found out you and Laura had blogs. I just wanted to say Congratulations! It is awesome that you finally have your baby and she is beautiful! Well good luck with everything and you are going to be a great mom. My blog is gublercrew.blogspot.com.

Another Blog... said...

I can't wait to read your blogs! I get so excited when there is something new! You better believe I will be following along every step of the way! Thanks for being such great example to us!! Can't wait to see you and Sarah Mae Saturday!!
Lanece

Marylin said...

I like the picture you got of us better than mine! :) It is the best, now if we can just live closer!! :)

Becca said...

wow, I don't even know you (my parents, the warthens, are friends w/ your parents, and meghan romney and I grew up together), but I am so touched by your story!!! I can't imagine how beautiful it must be to have her with you. Congratulations!!

Lynt said...

Oh Marissa~
I didn't know! I'm so excited for you! She's beautiful! Congrats, congrats, Congrats!!! Love you!

Lynt said...
This comment has been removed by the author.