Sunday, January 27, 2008

A truly Christ-like man


I just got the news of President Hinckley's passing. I was so upset for my own selfish reasons. He's "my prophet!" However, he is now with his beautiful wife and on to better things. I will miss his spunk and enthusiasm for the Gospel. What an amazing example he has been to all of us.
When the Las Vegas Temple was dedicated in 1989, my family had the amazing opportunity to go. My father was bishop and was able to get some tickets. However, the most tickets they would give out was four. There are six in my family. My dad, my two brothers, and myself were able to be inside the Celestial room at the dedication where Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley lead the dedicatory ceremony. My sister and my mother where outside the temple doors waiting for us to come out. Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley (not the prophet at the time) saw my sister Laura as he was going in to start the dedication. He smiled and looked down at my sister, took her by the hand, and kissed her hand. He was such a sweet man! I will always remember his sweet spirit and happy countenance.

No comments: