Random thoughts/Our October
I still don't think it's completely hit me...
that any day there will be another little life in our home.
I have been "nesting" to some degree, but not really stressing like I probably should be.
Maybe it's because we took care of everything for Sarah in a matter of days...and that was AFTER she was in our home. So, I guess maybe that's why I am not worried.
Or maybe I am just so excited to meet her, that the rest just falls by the wayside.
I finished the top of Sarah's quilt. Pretty excited about that.
Just need to send it off to get it quilted. Her room still needs some things finished, but I think I'm putting them on John's "to-do" list after the baby is here. He gets too stir crazy.
I have been sewing and making messes around the house.
I've ordered several of our Christmas gifts...or at least put them in my "cart" online.
Feeling pretty good that I have at least done that.
The other day I went for a walk. It was a beautiful morning, after we had gotten some rain here.
I looked over at the cinder block wall and saw something like this...
Still makes me smile that I am actually pregnant. I think I will miss it despite the aches and pains.
(This shadow is obviously a little distorted)
I start going to the doctor for weekly visits starting Monday.
He's got my hopes up a little bit for going early, but I'm trying not to get too excited about that.
After all, don't all first pregnancies go late?
Trying to do things with Sarah here and there, before we are homebound and sleep-deprived for a couple months.
Have gone to the carousel a couple of times...
Sarah loves to cook!
I wasn't going to show this because I don't have make-up on and the horizontal stripes aren't the greatest on an 8+ month pregnant lady...but I love Sarah's expression, and me laughing at her.
She makes me laugh pretty much every day.
She is now potty trained. YAY! I wasn't going to even try until after the baby came, but she insisted on wearing panties one day...so I let her. A week later, she had only had four "#1" accidents. I guess she was just ready!
In case you didn't know, if Sarah's going to do ANYTHING it has to be her idea.
Went to my niece's baptism in California...
Celebrated John's birthday (no pictures of that)
But we went on a lovely date to T-Bones at the Red Rock Casino. Incredible food!
Expensive (like very, very special occasion expensive) but delicious!
Expensive (like very, very special occasion expensive) but delicious!
Now preparing for Halloween festivities for next week.
The next post I do...will probably be of the new addition!
So Happy Halloween and Happy Thanksgiving!



2 comments:
I love your cute belly! And Sarah's hair is super cute!! I'm so excited to see your new little bundle!
You both are just gorgeous! Can't wait to see the post of the new little sweetie! GOOD LUCK!
Post a Comment