Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Random...

Just gotta post some of these pictures of my lil' darling...at least for the grandparents.  She really cracks me up!  She is sooooo excited to be having a little sister...but of course, I think she knew all along.  She has always said "girl" and "sister" any time we would ask her.  (Pardon the point-and-shoot)
Yes...that would be my daughter playing on all the toys "wrong"

My girl LOVES treats.  There are days when she wakes me up in the morning by saying "treat please."
No seriously.  She does.

This is my attempt to try and get her to behave while I am taking pictures for a friend.
And remember a couple weeks ago when she had croup, then strep throat...?
You would never be able to tell in these pictures.  She was so happy to bake treats and eat cookie dough.
(it was the "just add water" kind of dough - don't worry)

She really enjoys swimming.  She talks about her swim goggles often and how she wants to swim like a fish.
So we decided to take her to the beach for the first time...over Father's Day weekend.
Man!  She was hard to keep up with!...but she loved the ocean.
Well - she loved it until she got salt water in her nose.  By the way...there's the bump.  Although, it's popped out in the last week or so.
Funny sidenote: Her stroller wouldn't go through the sand.  While we were leaving with her in the stroller, John and I just picked the stroller up and carried her to the sidewalk.  I teased her about being a spoiled princess.  She yelled to everyone passing, "Princess Sarah - IN HERE!"  Hilarious.
(Sarah grabbed the sunscreen and did this in approx 25 seconds)
Sarah's not afraid of much.  If I tell her something is "ouchie," she most likely has to find out for herself.  She got sooooo excited for fireworks.  We watched fireworks with our friends Brad and Lolly by Lone Mountain.  These men started setting off the crazy loud "illegal" fireworks about 15 feet away from us.  She just kept yelling, "Again!  Again...MORE!"  Sarah did not want to leave. 
My mother tells me I was deathly afraid of them...them and the vacuum.  (explains a lot)

I just hit my 20 week mark on Monday.  Crazy to feel baby girl moving all the time now.  The heat gets to me some days, but I am over the sickness.  Just tired every now and then.  Feel so blessed to be adding another child to our family.  Several people have asked for my advice on how to approach/help their "children challenged" friends or family members...  I have been thinking about it a lot and will do a post soon once I am able to gather my thoughts.  It's hard because everyone is different, and there are so many ups and downs.  More to come...

2 comments:

Marylin said...

So I am retarded to the max!! I kept thinking "Marissa hasn't blogged in a little while!" forgot you went private and that It won't be showing on my blog when you update!! Dork! I know!!

Love all the pictures!! So glad you guys got away and had fun!! Love that little girl of yours!!!

Lolly said...

I love seeing you blogging again. Love that Sarah May.....