Before I forget...

Little Sarah May is not so little anymore! I thought I would be one of those moms who wrote every milestone down and remembered every cute thing she ever did. Well - I'm not. The other day someone at the store laughed at how she was waving. (She doesn't flap her arm, she does it open-handed, and above her head like she is in a parade or beauty pageant.) I chuckled to myself and thought, she has been waving like that since she was... since she was... hm. Crap. I can't remember! I am going to get back to documenting some of these things on my blog, so I don't forget.
She cracks me up on a regular basis. She runs everywhere she goes. She amazes me with how fast she learns things. I always tell her to lay down when she gets her diaper changed. I also "beep" her belly button to distract her and make her laugh to keep her still while I am changing her. Last Thursday, she stopped mid-run to lay on the floor and then started pointing at her belly button. Sure enough...dirty diaper. She has done it a couple times since...
We took her to the park yesterday. Showed her how to go up the stairs and go down the spiral slide. After a couple of times, she decided she wanted to do it herself...so she did...again, and again, and again. We just waited at the bottom of the slide to make sure she didn't fall off at the end. She wants to be a big girl, and I tell her to stop growing every day. ;)
Words she can say: hat, dada, mama, dog, ball, night-night, book (and some animal noises). Things she can sign: more, please, milk, and finished.
Things she loves: ice, sitting/playing on the couch, her baby dolls, her pacifier, soft things, her blankie, sleeping (love it!), Rocky, macaroni and cheese, green beans, cheese sticks, playing in water, bathing

2 comments:
Awwww, love the picture with Grandpa!!
So cute...i love the belly button thing, what a smarty :) I think I'll be going to Vegas next month and if I do we should get together!
Post a Comment