Saturday, February 14, 2009

How did this happen?

How did my sweet baby go from this.... to this in the blink of an eye?? Stop growing dangit!! It seems like it was just a couple of weeks ago we got the call to go see our baby in the hospital. The nurses kept congratulating us as "Mom and Dad." We were very guarded - it was hard to believe it was finally happening. I love to think of those days... the days just before we found out about her, and the days that followed. We feel so blessed to be her parents.

Happy 1st Birthday Sarah May!!
(coincidentally, John and I had our first date on Friday, Feb. 13 in 1998!)

I will post more pictures after we have our family dinner/party.

3 comments:

Marylin said...

Happy Birthday miss Sarah! We love you so much and are soo happy you came to your Mom and Dad!! I just want to eat her up!! :0

Jaimee said...

Awww...what a special little girl!! She is adorable and makes Valentine's Day so great!

Cristine Johnson said...

I know that one year milestone is going to happen to Matthew too... just believe just how fast time flies... I have enjoyed everysingle minute of it though... your blog made me think of all that precious time we have with them... just wish we could freeze time...if only for a moment... I am going to add you to my blog...mine is johnsonsalwaysandforever.blogspot.com