Gooseberry Mesa/Bunker Creek Mountain Biking


This past weekend John and I went on a fun little road trip! Thursday night we went to the cabin after stopping in Mesquite to visit John's grandma. John got a couple of nights off so we get away for his birthday. We had soooo much fun! Friday we had Pizza Factory for lunch - our favorite!! Then we met our buddy Mike to go up the mountain to hit the trails. John and Mike rode down Dark Hollow and I picked them up at the bottom of the trail (by Parowan). Then, John and I rode down Bunker Creek (by Panguitch Lake). It was a little chilly, but perfect riding temperature! These trails are considered down hill trails, so we were decked out in our full-face helmets. No injuries!
Saturday morning, we met our buddy Matt from our ward at Gooseberry Mesa. It's an awesome trail system between Hurricane and Colorado City, UT. Awesome riding there also! These pictures are both from Gooseberry last year...This is the kind of trail you get a work out on. It is very "up and down" riding. Push really hard to make it to the top of the slick rock, then coast for a little bit down some technical spots. Challenging, but so fun! I put on my elbow pads because of past experience. (The slick rock is not soft like the desert sand we are used to) These random guys were basically making fun of me at the parking lot because of the elbow pads. They left before us. It gave me great pleasure to pass them (rather quickly) on the trail. Matt told me that one of them said, "See, I told you she would pass us." Ha! Here's some humble pie you spandex lovin' tough guys!

3 comments:
Way to go Marissa you show up those guys!! I LOVE it!!
I miss you guys and I miss bike ridding!!! I wish I was there!!!
we were glad to see you guys and your cute dogs. we're glad you had fun riding bikes. we might have to come down this winter and ride some awesome trails with you..
Post a Comment